From small standalone catalogues to large web-enabled CRM systems, databases are the cornerstone of many IT systems. The majority of web applications and software solutions developed by Ryland today have a database backend.
Examples of database applications include:
Upload and share documents, images and video within your company or with clients
Inventory & Stock control
Having a list of your company products in a database allows you to monitor stock levels automatically. This simple process gives your business vital information on product turnover and means that you re-order at the optimal time saving you money. It also allows you to focus on the more profitable high turnover stock.
Sales and payments can be maintained in database to give you up to date information on amounts owed, turnover and client accounts. The sales invoices can also be linked to your product database to automatically update stock levels.
Contact Management (CRM)
A database is an ideal tool to manage your client list.
- Quickly see all the information and previous contact history for a client.
- Store documents relating to a client.
- Easily create and maintain a list of next contact dates to ensure clients are contacted at regular intervals.
- Create groups of customers to be used for mail-shots.
- Send an e-mail to a group of customers.
For an example of a completed system see our Alway Associates case study
Ryland has experience in all major database platforms, including:
- MS SQL Server
- MS Access
- MySQL Server
- Fox Pro